“The day of High School I’ll never forget” by Medium

Read this blog post by an Arapahoe High School student about the shooting last Friday.

He penned a message on his hand to his family, in case they had to find his body.

He wrote a note to his family on his hand in case they found his body

One thing I learned, is that you never really know anything like this could happen to you, until it does.

via The day of High School I’ll never forget — Medium.

About these ads

One thought on ““The day of High School I’ll never forget” by Medium

1. December 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Such a powerful image. Sad, because this young boy had to leave this message in case he died at the hands of another boy. Why?

Thank you for sharing this.

• December 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM

This generation of kids has been impacted and traumatized in such a terrible way.

Thank you for reading, Robin.

2. December 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I simply cannot understand why children are killing other children. This society has hit the bottom.

• December 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM

It’s so frustrating. I’m glad I found Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, though, because it’s such a source of hope.

3. December 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM

This brought tears to my eyes. How scary and horrifying for all those involved. Will hug my boys extra tonight.

• December 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I grew up during the Cold War, terrified of a nuclear bomb attack. This is so much more real and horrifying. I am so sad for this generation of kids.

4. Momo
    December 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Chilling and terrifying. I keep thinking of that lyric of Heather’s, “I know something like this could never happen to me. But to any other I could be that somebody.” Thanks for reposting this.

• December 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM

What line, considering.

Thanks M.

Have you joined Moms Demand Action yet?