I’ve started participating in a series of creative writing prompts called the Trifecta Writing Challenge. If you’re a fellow Trifectan, then you already know they’ve invited us to get to know each other by responding to the following questions.
- What is your name (real or otherwise)? Kylie
- Describe your writing style in three words. Laugh, Think, Cry
- How long have you been writing online? Since January, 2012
- Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in? Every now and then, I respond to the Weekly or Daily Prompts from WordPress. One of these responses, Toenails and Kisses, was Freshly Pressed!
- Describe one way in which you could improve your writing. Creative writing is entirely new to me, but participating in these prompts has been a fun way to give it a try. I’d like to practice more and try writing longer pieces.
- What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? Read
- Who is your favorite author? There are so many! John Irving, Toni Morrison, Kurt Vonnegut, Margaret Atwood, and Barbara Kingsolver all shaped my ideas about good writing. I love Ann Patchett and Elizabeth Berg.
- How do you make time to write? I often write things in my head while I’m trying to fall asleep and have to get out of bed to type it all onto the screen.
- Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt. Remember–it must have a third definition. Lather
- Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn’t miss reading. If Dorothy Parker Tweeted